Physiotherapy can be defined as a treatment method that focuses on the science of movement.
Physiotherapy treatment is used to help restore, maintain and maximize patients’ physical strength, function, motion, and overall well-being by addressing underlying physical issues.
Objectives of physiotherapy treatment:
- Relieve pain associated with sprain, strain, overuse, or trauma
- Improve movement and function
- Improve balance to prevent a slip or fall
- Prevent or recover from sports injury
- Manage disability
- Pre- and post-operative therapy / rehabilitation
- Manage chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, arthritis
At Davisville Yonge Clinics, our physiotherapists are equipped to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions, using various therapeutic modalities, including:
- Manual/ manipulative therapy
- Soft tissue therapy/PNF
- Remedial exercises
- Strength training
- Electrical modalities (Tens, IFC)
- Hot packs / cold compresses
- Therapeutic ultrasound
Physiotherapy treatments are customized to the specific needs of the patient. Emphasis will be placed on education which will empower the patient to manage and prevent future injuries or disabilities.
We ensure that you follow your surgeon’s specific protocols and help you to understand the exercises you have been given.
We are here to help you with vestibular training, balance training, and osteoporosis exercise protocols. As treatment continues, our therapists document your progress, conduct periodic examinations, and modify treatments when needed.
Your insurer may request a doctor’s referral for reimbursement.