For treatment of Osteoarthritis in the knee or hip
Originally launched in Denmark in 2013, GLA:D Canada is an evidence-based, best practice treatment for patients with early-to-late stages of Osteoarthritis in the knee and/or hip.
Licensed to the Canadian Orthopedic Foundation, GLA:D Canada is a 6-week active exercise program for those with stiff and/or painful knees and/or hips. Provided under the care of a registered physiotherapist, the program has been shown to be effective in treating early-to-late stages of osteoarthritis, contributing to reduction of pain and medication use and significantly improved function.
GLA:D™ Canada is overseen at our clinic by Dr. Marg Russell and Dr. Marcel Reux, registered physiotherapists.
The program runs twice weekly for six weeks, with ongoing enrollment.
Admission criteria requires the patient to:
- Actively participate in setting rehabilitation goals
- Be able to regularly attend in-person sessions and participate in exercises independently
The program includes:
12 Neuromuscular Exercise sessions (2/wk – 6 wks):
- Learn how to control your movements and proper posture
- Build muscular strength through functional exercises
- Learn how to apply these exercises to everyday activities
2 Education sessions:
- What is osteoarthritis, risk factors and symptoms
- Current available treatment for osteoarthritis
- How to self-manage your symptoms
- Why and how exercise can help with your osteoarthritis
- How to manage daily activities associated with osteoarthritis.
For further details on GLA:D Canada, please visit: gladcanada.ca.
Book an Assessment
Find out whether you are a candidate for the GLA:D Canada Program
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at (416) 481-6100 for more information
All data collected for GLA:D Canada is in compliance with privacy regulations.
GLA:D Canada should be covered by most extended health insurance policies.
Read more about: